A notation on a burial card for Section 98 leads to the final resting place of the last documented slave at the Schuyler Flatts.
The Book of Burials contains a list of individuals buried at The Flatts, the large Schuyler farm north of Albany. These burials took place between 1728 and 1755. They represent only a portion of the total burials in The Flatts cemetery. The remains, along with a number of headstones, were removed from the Flatts to the Rural Cemetery in 1921.
A more detailed description and history of The Flatts cemetery can be found here.
Joel Munsell’s 1874 transcription of headstones at The Flatts is here.