A view of the old West Lodge at the edge of the Church Grounds. The lodge overlooked the road connecting to Loudonville via the adjacent Beth Emeth Cemetery. One of the Boyd family monuments can also be seen in the background.
The headstone visible to the left of the cottage is that of Charles Fairfield. Born in Nottingham, England on December 28, 1825, he was one of the proprietors of the Windsor Restaurant on Maiden Lane. An ad for the establishment can be seen here. He died at the age of sixty-nine on December 13, 1894 and was interred in the Church Grounds lot assigned to St. Peter’s Episcopal Church. His granite headstone is one of the few upright markers in the entire section.