The Albany Postcard Project has an excellent image of the Madison Avenue Reformed Church which stood at the northeast corner of Madison Avenue and Swan Streets. As explained in Albany’s Dutch Stones, the crypt beneath this church’s tower held remains and headstones moved from a previous vault beneath the Second Dutch Reformed Church on South Pearl Street. These remains, as well as the headstones, were eventually removed to the Church Grounds lot at the Rural Cemetery and include the Captain Winne slab-style stone and the winged skull headstone of Elyse Winne.
This church was destroyed by fire on February 16, 1937. Surviving portions of the foundations were incorporated into a supermarket, but this was demolished for construction of the Empire State Plaza.